Thursday, October 1, 2009

Q-rings final verdict

I continued riding q-rings for the rest of the year.
I have the subjective feeling:
Pros:
They improve sprinting and accelerating out of the saddle, or at least you can achieve the same amount of power with less work.
It FEELS easier to power along in big gears. Again I think there is not more power produced but less work is needed for the same power.
They may cause fewer stress on the knees.
And most importantly: They look really cool:)

Cons:
Shifting is definitely slower than with round shimano rings.
It is difficult to set up the front derailleur.
Not for everybody, seem not to work with every pedaling technique, if you a have a very round spin they may not be an advantage for you.

To sum it up, I like them and I think I'll keep them:)

Have an awesome day,

Benja

No comments:

Post a Comment