Monday, February 23, 2009

Mallorca que isla dura

Hey everyone! Long time no hear. So I'm back at the "Wifi für nullo"-Bar to give yall a quick but meaningfull insight in what's been cracking the last Days. *Flavor Flav mode off*
I think I'll start with the body count:
One injured: Ali killed his knee in the first week chasing after a super-strong Matthias.
One sick: Zeller got a really nice sounding bronchitis after a freezing cold descent. With 15 °C and sunny weather he must have been flying at about 100km/h or sweating like mad:) Your call.
I have a little bit of a cold myself. Having not been able to train for 3 weeks at all. I have a really hard time finding into a training rythm again. Six-pack has nearly completely vanished, and the ice-cream isn't helping matters;)
I woke up today with my mouth swollen from my top-right wisdom tooth (molar).
But screw it.
We had an awesome ride yesterday! Yeeeaah!
Cap Formentor! F***ing windy but reeeeaally buuudöfull:)
(I flatted the wattage-curve to make it visible on one sheet, sry no altimeter data, but you can imagine it from the speed and power data)
It was pretty tough clinging on to Guidos rearwheel on the climbs but a lot of fun all the same:)
The high wattage between 55 and 70 is me on a luckily succesfull solo flight to the Cap Formentor.
Shame was that simon's rear derailleur was really giving him a hard time, stomping into nothing every other minute.
On the way back home, our "lose canon" Guido decided to crank it up a little. You can see the peak at about 92 min. I stayed with him for about 2 minutes than deciding than made the only right and life-saving decision to sit up and wait for simon.
While I was pretty exhausted after this 2:20h ride, Matti and Markus pulled a solid 194km with a striking 28km/h pace.
So much for now. A lot more storys to follow in the next days.
Have a nice day,
hasta pronto!

Benja

No comments:

Post a Comment